Hill and Beaver re-elected, according to unofficial MCN election results

Collaborator: Brittany Harlow
Published: 09/18/2023, 2:27 AM

(MUSCOGEE NATION) The Muscogee Creek Nation Election Office has released the unofficial election results from Saturday’s primary election.

Incumbents Principal Chief David Hill and Second Chief Del Beaver were both re-elected after receiving the majority of the votes in their respective contests. 

Hill received 58.37 percent of the vote for principal chief, followed by Timothy Good Voice (25.36 percent), Lahoma A. Schultz (14.08 percent), and Joseph T. Rogers (2.19 percent). 

Beaver received 67.02 percent of the vote for second chief with Sandra Golden taking the remaining 32.98 percent. 

McIntosh District Seat A incumbent Darrell Proctor retained his seat with 58.73 percent of the vote with Judith Pickering taking the remaining 41.27 percent. 

According to the MCN Constitution, “If there is any office in which a candidate does not receive the required majority of votes, a run-off election shall be held between the two candidates receiving the highest number of votes in that particular election”.

So, though he received the most votes, Okmulgee District Seat A incumbent Rep. William Lowe received less than the majority of the votes needed to retain his National Council seat (37.80 percent). 

Lowe will face Robyn Whitecloud, who garnered 34.39 percent of the vote, in the general election this November. 

Dode Barnett received the most votes for National Council Seat A - Creek District at 39.54 percent, more than incumbent Joseph Hicks, who received 38.98 percent of the vote. That race will also be decided this November. 

According to the unofficial election results, 4,037 voters cast ballots in this year’s primary election, roughly 22 percent of registered voters. 

This year’s General Election will be held on Saturday, November 4. 

To learn more about Muscogee Creek Nation elections, click here.

To learn more about Muscogee Creek Nation’s electoral processes, click here.


This story has no comments yet